Nursing & Rehab At Home – San Mateo, CA
Nursing & Rehab At Home, a Medicare certified home health agency is currently looking for an Intake Coordinator to join our growing team.
I. Position Summary:
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for assuring a smooth intake process by providing administrative support to the agency Intake Department. Functions include: processing calls, data entry, obtaining insurance authorizations, and managing information necessary for clinical staff to efficiently admit patients to service. This position is also supports the agency’s daily operations.
Reports to: DOPCS
Supervises: Does not supervise others, but works with other support staff in order to effectively manage resources and get the agency work done
II. Key Results Areas and Position Accountabilities/Competencies
A. Intake Coordination
- Enters new patient referral data into the computer accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicates frequently and effectively with the marketing team.
- Obtains pertinent patient information from a variety of referral sources including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, MD offices and other types of residential facilities.
- Monitors and confirms that referral packets are complete in a timely manner.
- Monitors and accepts Kaiser referrals via portal in a timely manner.
- Assists supervisor with other administrative tasks as appropriate.
- Assists with scheduling as needed.
- Covers for Stanford Intake Coordinator as needed.
- Coordinates proactively with scheduler to schedule/reschedule patients to efficiently utilize resources. Assists staff, patients / patients' families and external referral sources as needed to resolve basic patient related issues. Assists in relaying information to patients regarding scheduling conflicts or issues.
- Provides support to agency Intake department when needed, this includes but is not limited to: “Alert” entry, fax management, filing, confirmation calls to patients and other supportive intake functions.
- Notifies manager of any areas of concern for risk management.
- Other duties as assigned.
B. General Administrative Duties:
- Answers telephone in a pleasant voice and fosters friendly interactions in difficult situations. Takes complete and accurate messages. Relays to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Initiates problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships.
- Operates personal computer to access agency software, e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Demonstrates high level of competence in performing accurate and diversified computer functions.
- Proof reads all work to ensure correct spelling, format and grammar.
- Creates, maintains and updates record keeping systems as requested.
- Assists with establishing, maintaining and updating general filing systems.
- Assists & coordinates new hire orientation as needed.
- Attends at least 75% of staff meetings and all mandatory in-services
III. Requirements/Specifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
A. Mathematical (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, decimals and fractions) to prepare reports, payment vouchers, graphs, tables, listings, etc.
B. Typing (40+ wpm) in order to prepare accurate and diversified correspondence, minutes, proposals, tables, graphs, forms, flowcharts, etc.
C. Analytical and problem solving skills necessary to maintain alphabetical filing, develop and adjust calendars, keep records and accurately organize multiple data elements.
D. Interpersonal skills necessary to accept and provide direction, and resolve conflicts to foster effective work relationships.
E. Computer and word processing skills in order to access, retrieve and create text, graphs, charts, models, etc. Word processing proficiency.
F. Communication skills needed to frequently answer telephone calls and work with multiple interruptions and still sustain positive communication.
G. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
H. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
The above knowledge, skills, and abilities are normally acquired through the completion of a high school education or equivalent. Additional training/education equivalent to completion of post secondary education in secretarial science with word processing and office management skills preferred. 1-3 years of work experience in a home health or health related business office setting.
V. Working Environment:
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like. Frequent work interruptions. Exposure category 3: tasks involve no occupational exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue.
VI. Physical Requirements:
Characterized as sedentary work requiring exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, or standing for brief periods of time.
This is a full time exempt position with a competitive compensation package which includes paid vacation, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life, 401k and a pension plan.
Intake Coordinator Behavioral Competency[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [176.5 KB]
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your qualifications meet our requirements, please send your Resume.